Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sleep of the Dead

All I've wanted for weeks...no, months, now, is to sleep real sleep. Not the stuff you do because it's 10pm and time to go to bed - I want to sleep REAL sleep. The kind in which you don't wake up 10 times because either you don't want to forget that thing you have to remember first thing in the morning (field trip form? water the veggies? paper due? need to go in early for a meeting? don't forget to pick up the forms to sign a kid up for a class for next year!) or, and this is the worst, you INVENT things in your dreams that you have to wake up early for.*

Tonight is the first night of my summer. It is the night for Real Sleep. I'm down to just one responsibility that I can't shirk (my internship, 9 to 5 M-F). And two more that I can't shirk for more than a day without the potential for death (the vegetable garden and the parakeets). Rob has the dog and Joe (to the extent he needs it) covered, and Annie was put on a plane at 2:00pm today for the summer away.

Ahhhhhh.

*I really have begun to do that since early last semester...I have recurring dreams about elaborate time-based problems I have to solve (HAVE to solve) that have me waking up multiple times each night: "don't forget that on odd-numbered Tuesdays you have to be at school at 4:00am! And yesterday was a cloudy Wednesday, so don't be late for your 7:00am meeting! Get up! Get UP!"

It's freaky.

1 comment:

Stefaneener said...

We should celebrate!