- Wait until you only have a week and a half left. The stress helps a lot!
- Don't make a list or plan. That's silly. Just spend that time shopping, instead.
- Wake up super early, like 4:00am, the day you're going shopping, because you're really stressed about your biostatistics final.
- Don't forget to actually go TAKE the final! It's three hours long, and you wouldn't want to miss that. You'll be energized when you're done.
- Now comes the good part! Go SHOPPING! Drive a good long way to get to a store you think is promising.
- Wander around the store for an hour or so, picking up less-than-satisfying non-bargain gifts for people who don't really want anything, anyway. That's it, load your cart up really full!
- Stand in a long, long line at the register.
- Realize...(very slowly dawning...yep...it's true)...that you left your wallet in your other bag. At home!
- Apologize profusely to the register people! And the people behind you in line! All of them. Individually. It's a good idea to blush, too.
- Apologize so profusely, people begin to wonder if you're quite insane.
- Go home. Decide that was really enough for one day, take a bath with some expensive bath salts and have a nap.
- Decide maybe you really do need a plan and a list. And that maybe internet shopping really is all it's cracked up to be.
Monday, December 15, 2008
How to Save a Bundle on Christmas This Year
In these tough times, it helps to have a strategy. Here's mine - feel free to pass it on!