Two issues. One is that...heh heh heh...can you imagine? I'm going to run out of yarn. Who does THAT? So I bought more from a nice lady in London via eBay, and it's on its way. Of course it's not the same dye lot, but I'm hopeful that because A) it's Rowan yarn and B) it's a cotton/acrylic blend, the colors will be fairly close. Really really hopeful.
The question related to that: Should I wait until I get the new yarn to start the second sleeve, so that I hold any color difference just to one part, rather than blending two dye lots in one piece? Or should I go ahead and start the second sleeve with what I have?
As I type that, I know in my heart the answer is, "What are you, an IDIOT? Of course you should wait for the new yarn!"
Nasty voices in my head tonight.]
OK, second issue. I think the sleeves should be longer, I really really do. As it stands now, they are just below the elbow, and the whole thing is reminding me a little of Granny's bed jacket. They are, however, quite loose sleeves, and I'm wondering if I'm going to look like a bulky Renaissance maiden if I go for full-length sleeves. I'm further wondering if it'll throw off the look of the thing.
So I ask for knitters' thoughts. And in the meantime, I will learn to crochet the cute little edge around the front.